Vinyl Plank and Vinyl Tile Flooring
Vinyl plank and vinyl tile flooring has become such a hot trend in home improvement in recent years for many reasons. In fact, you’ve probably visited a friend or neighbor’s house recently who has vinyl plank flooring, or vinyl tile, and you may not have even noticed…it looks that good! Aside from just looking high-end, vinyl flooring is extremely cost-effective, resilient, water-resistant, durable, and easy to maintain…making it a popular type of floor for high traffic areas of the home, such as the entranceway, kitchen, bathroom, and family room. The word vinyl can admittedly cause some people to cringe, so let’s dive into why you want to consider this affordable, durable option for your next home improvement project.
Not Your Childhood Home’s Vinyl Floor.
Gone are the days of tacky vinyl flooring we remember from our childhood or even our Grandparents’ homes. Vinyl has evolved into one of the best options for many spaces in the home. According to Consumer Reports, wood wins as America’s favorite hard-surface flooring type, but the cost and maintenance of hardwood flooring often put it out of reach for many consumers. Wood can also be a poor choice in spaces such as the kitchen, or bathroom where spilled liquids or detergents can leave a lasting stain. Poor scratch resistance means it can age faster than you’d like it to. Ceramic tile has always been a popular choice in the kitchen and bathroom but can crack when a heavy item is dropped and can be a costly choice.
With so many options in luxury vinyl plank and tile flooring now looking so much like real wood and natural stone, it’s an obvious choice. Advances in printing technology now make luxury vinyl plank flooring and tile flooring that mimics wood flooring and stone. You can have that rustic barn wood floor for a fraction of the price per square foot, or the look of marble. No one will notice the difference! Gone are the days of repetitive patterns and flat surfaces. Texture and unique tile or plank create a natural stone and wood effect making them popular flooring options. Another great perk of luxury vinyl tile and plank flooring is the comfort and give of the material making vinyl much softer to stand on compared to hardwood or ceramic tile.
Which Vinyl Flooring Should You Choose and Where Should I Get It?
Vinyl flooring comes in a variety of grades and seemingly endless patterns and colors. Vinyl is also offered in three different wear layers that offer various degrees of protection from scuffs and stains. We recommend that you visit us at our large showroom in Columbia, MD to discuss what you’re looking for. We offer such a larger variety of options compared to the big box stores. Our professional flooring installers make the installation process easy for you. We can help you pick the best flooring option for your lifestyle. On top of all of that, we offer five great reasons to choose The Vertical Connection for your flooring project.
- *Our Beautiful Guarantee: Love your new carpet or floor or we’ll replace it for FREE. It’s that simple.
- 110% Price Match Guarantee: If you find a lower price, present us with the written estimate and we’ll beat it by 10% of the difference.
- Lifetime Installation Guarantee: While others offer the standard 1-year guarantee…we think you deserve more! Our Lifetime Installation Guarantee says it all.
- Free Estimates – Free Financing – Free Design Expertise: What more can you ask for? We deliver more value than anyone around, guaranteed!
- Local Family Business Since 1977! We care about our community as much as you do – we live here too! That’s why we support great local organizations such as The Community Action Council, NeighborRide, Columbia Orchestra, Columbia Patuxent Rotary and many more.
*Certain exclusions apply. See store for details