The Many Perks of Motorized Blinds and Shades
We hear the term smart home used often. In the day and age Amazon Alexa and Google Home, everything from your lights to your locks, and even your window treatments can be automated. Motorized blinds can be programmed to open and close at different times of the day based on your needs and outside temperatures, helping with your home’s energy efficiency. Besides convenience, there’s many reasons to jump on this band wagon and learn more about remote-controlled, motorized blinds.
Child Safety Never Goes Out of Style
Chords on window treatments have long-been a safety hazard for infants and toddlers. Motorized blinds eliminate the need for chords. You can now easily open and close your shades with the touch of a button or a simple tap of a wand. Some options can be programmed to open and close at various times of the day. One less thing to worry about in your home, and an added bonus of convenience and luxury as well! Hunter Douglas offers a variety of styles in cellular shades, honeycomb shades and many more styles to make your home safer for kids and pets!
Programmed Blinds for Smart Homes
If you have a busy schedule, can’t reach your windows, or simply love the idea of adding to your smart home capabilities, the Hunter Douglas PowerView® Motorization is for you! It is recipient of the 2016 Red Dot Design Award, the most coveted and prestigious designation in the world of design and it is available at The Vertical Connection Carpet One.
How Much do Window Treatments Cost?
There’s no question that Hunter Douglas Motorized Blinds and Shades are gorgeous, and come in a wide variety of options, functions, and styles to suit every home…but do they suit your budget? Perhaps there are other options better suited for your budget. Shades, shutters, blinds, and draperies all offer something a little different. Here are a few features to consider that will affect the price of your window treatments:
- Cordless: Cordless window treatments offer both a cleaner look and a safer home for children and pets. Hunter Douglas cordless window treatments could be motorized with a remote or raised and lowered with a lift system. This feature can come with a variety of different Hunter Douglas window treatments, including both blinds and shades.
- Top down / bottom up: This style of window treatment offers extreme versatility! This offers the added feature of being able to lower the blind or shade from the top as well as the ability to raise it from the bottom. This gives you ultimate privacy and light control, as well as creates a unique visual effect.
- Room darkening: Want your kids to sleep later? Don’t want to be woken at the crack of dawn? Room darkening shades (Duettes are the best here) is the answer to all your sleeping troubles. These window shades are made with fabrics and materials that block out light. Even the best blackout shades may allow some light to filter in around the edges of the frame. Want to prevent that?! Add draperies or panels to prevent all light from entering.
- Energy efficient: You can choose window treatments that are built to insulate during the winter and control solar heat during the summer.
- Light diffusing: Several types of window treatments offer variable light control, which helps you control how much light enters the home and diffuses it so that it is softer and not glaring.
Check out our window treatment calculator to get a better idea of cost, and visit The Vertical Connection Carpet One, Maryland’s Largest Hunter Douglas Gallery for expert advice in finding the perfect window treatments to enhance your home. Come experience our state of the art window treatment gallery, and talk to one of our experts to discuss your needs. Here’s the Hunter Douglas Advantage: “Well-designed window fashions do more than simply cover a window. At Hunter Douglas, form and function are inseparable.” To learn more, visit our Hunter Douglas sister site.