We’re currently hiring for the following positions:
– Sales & Design; Window Treatments and/or Carpet & Flooring
– Flooring Installation
– Kitchen Designer – Design Sales Consultant (Kitchen & Bath)
Sales & Design Advisor
GREAT people want to work for GREAT companies! That’s why you should join us!
The Vertical Connection Carpet One is currently looking for an experienced, results-driven sales professional in our Columbia MD store. Our combination of national buying power, award winning showrooms, lifetime installation guarantees and unmatched warranties make us the #1 choice for consumers nationwide.
If you have a passion for people with a flair for design The Vertical Connection Carpet One is the place for you!
The Vertical Connection Carpet One has long been regarded as the premier flooring retailer in Columbia, MD and the surrounding communities. Locally owned and operated for 40 years, we are known for our superior customer service, and professional staff. Because we belong to the largest floor covering cooperative in the world our company offers the very best flooring products, in a state of the art modern showroom, with only the most qualified installers. Blinds and window treatments are also a large part of our business, along with cabinetry and countertops. We believe in creating a family friendly work environment, where each person is an integral member of the team, yet responsible for his or her own results and earning potential. We are proud of our heritage and would like to find an individual who will excel and prosper in a fast paced retail environment becoming a valued member of our team. Only friendly, energetic, and outgoing candidates with an understanding of color and design should apply.
As a Sales & Design Advisor with The Vertical Connection Carpet One your responsibilities will include:
- Greeting and assisting customers in our showroom, one of Maryland’s largest
- Visiting client’s homes or workplace to provide product and design advice, measure and estimate
- Keeping up-to-date on the wide selection of products we have to offer along with the benefits and warranties provided by each
- Writing and processing sales orders
- Networking regularly with contractors, designers, real estate agents and other trade professionals
- Following up in a timely and professional manner with customers on all requests or concerns
GREAT candidates will have:
- A history of demonstrated success in retail sales and customer service
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- A positive, can-do attitude and desire to exceed expectations
- A passion for developing and maintaining long-term customer relationships
- Knowledge of floor coverings and/or window treatments is helpful, but not required
- A flair for decorating or design, a plus
- Time management skills for juggling multiple (and sometimes competing) deadlines and deliverables
- Mathematical proficiency required
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and willingness to learn our operating system
- Open and flexible work availability to include weekends
- Have access to reliable transportation in order to get to work, and to visit customers’ home
We offer the following opportunities and benefits:
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Simple IRA
- Paid vacation
People are our most important asset, so we only hire GREAT ones! If you are ready to begin a GREAT career with a GREAT company, apply today!
We encourage prospective candidates to find out more about our company, our capabilities and our products by visiting our website.
How to Apply:
Please provide the following:
- An up-to-date resume and brief cover letter outlining your experience for the position
- Salary history and/or requirements
- Please email us at email@example.com
Candidates who meet our selection criteria will be contacted by phone for the next step in our hiring process and may be asked to take an online assessment.
The Vertical Connection Carpet One is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Are you an awesome kitchen designer? Looking for a really exciting opportunity? Apply today to join our team as we build our new kitchen/bath division.
The Vertical Connection Carpet One is seeking an experienced Kitchen Designer to join our design sales team. If you love a challenge and have experience creating designs in 20/20 this is your chance to expand your creativity and build a rewarding career with a well established company. This is a fantastic opportunity for a skilled designer to demonstrate their knowledge and experience in kitchen and bath design. In addition we offer a salary with bonus potential.
As a Kitchen Designer you will be responsible for:
• Building business from a large existing customer base while working closely with a sales team
• Working with clients to design and quote Kitchen and Bath projects
• Designing kitchens, bathrooms, bars, entertainment systems etc. using 20/20 software
• Quoting and managing the full cycle ordering process for all kitchen and bath projects from inception to completion
• Managing Kitchen and Bath projects from design to installation
• Maintaining pricing and merchandising for the Kitchen and Bath department
• Assisting a sales team with gaining knowledge of Kitchen and Bath products
• Promote the Kitchen and Bath program
Qualified candidates must have previous kitchen design experience and be able to thrive in a team environment. Sales skills and project management are highly desirable. We are looking for highly organized professional individuals that are passionate about design, creative problem solvers, and success driven.
The ideal Bath and Kitchen Designer will also have:
• Bachelor or Associate’s Degree in Interior Design preferred
• 3 years of kitchen design and sales experience
• Minimum of 2 years of experience creating designs with 20/20 software
• Portfolio demonstrating design skills and ability to use 20/20
• NKBA certification, a plus
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word and experience using email
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
• Ability to communicate professionally with staff and customers in a courteous, tactful and concise manner
• Eagerness to learn, grow, and improve skills
To learn more or apply, please email your resume to: info@VerticalConnection.com